Sunday, September 13, 2009


Todd and Brian attended the International Fly Tackle Retailer Show in Denver, Colorado, September 10, 11 and 12. This three day event is where all the fly fishing manufacturers, fly shops, international distributors, fly fishing media and fly fishing travel specialists meet and do business. The support we received was overwhelming.

We started the FFR Show off the night before at a fun event with our friends at Trout's Fly Shop in Denver. New Belgium Brewing provided the tasty beer and we socialized with friends of Catch Magazine.

The FTR Show gave Catch Magazine an opportunity to see and thanks our advertisers. Everyone is there - Winston, Scientific Anglers, Simms, Patagonia, William and Joseph, Avalon, Nautilus and more. 40% of the people who stopped by the Catch Magazine booth really liked Catch Magazine, the other 60% loved Catch Magazine!!

The highlight of the FTR Show was Todd winning the award for BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER at the Drake Film Festival. This annual event follows the Scientific Angler Party (more New Belgium beer!!) in a large room where hundreds of fly fishing industry folk view the latest in fly fishing videos. Todd entered ALPINE BASS from Issue 6 and the crowd went wild.

Congratulations Todd Moen.

1 comment:

John Mazurkiewicz/Scientific Anglers said...

Good times had by all - great to see 'Catch' represented very well at the major show for the fly fishing industry. Kudos to Todd for winning one of the Drake film awards. In a matter of just over a year, Brian and Todd have done great things with 'Catch' - and I'm just happy to know you both!!